Pin It button on image hover

Wednesday, November 4, 2009

Zinfandel Marinara Pasta with Italian Sausage

Completely delicious... if you don't already cook with wine, try it now. This is a really easy recipe but it tastes like you worked really hard. The wine adds so much flavor.

Zinfandel Marinara Pasta with Italian Sausage

1/2 pound Italian sausage (I used turkey)
1 T olive oil
3 cloves garlic, minced
1/4 red pepper, diced
1/4 red onion, diced
1 cup chopped baby spinach
1/4 cup zinfandel or other red wine
3/4 cup traditional marinara sauce (I use Prego Traditional HeartSmart)
2 cups rotini or other short cut pasta (I use Healthy Harvest Whole Wheat)
1/2 tsp dried oregano
1/2 tsp dried basil
1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
Salt

Heat water for pasta to boiling, add salt and pasta and cook until al dente. Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Add Italian Sausage and brown. When cooked through remove from pan. Add olive oil, garlic, onions, and red pepper. Cook until softened and add wine. Simmer until reduced by about half and add marinara. Return sausage to pan. Drain pasta and add to sauce, stir well to thoroughly coat the pasta. Add cheese and herbs and stir.

4 comments:

  1. I'm going to try this tonight :). Btw, I've made the walnut crusted chicken and gnocchi three times since you posted it!

    Sorry about Iowa :/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you like it - I think I'm going to try making my own gnocchi as soon as I have a free Sunday afternoon and freeze it so I can always have some on hand... That is one of my favorite dinners.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How many does this recipe serve? It sounds delicious!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails