Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, November 3, 2009

Tortellini with Pork and Broccoli

In the mood for pasta but want something other than marinara or cream sauce? This was one of those recipes that I made up because I made pork carnitas on Saturday and didnt want another pork taco for dinner but also didnt want to make something new since it was 7 pm and I had just gotten home from work and the pork was in the fridge. Although I really liked the flavors, if I make this again, I will make it with pork chops or medallians instead of shredded pork. The texture with the shredded pork is a little off.


Tortellini with Pork and Broccoli

1/2 pound cooked pork (I recommend cooking thin pork chops in a little garlic and olive oil with salt and pepper and cut into bite size pieces and it will work perfectly)
1 package refrigerated 3-cheese tortellini (I used whole wheat)
1 T olive oil
1/4 cup chicken stock
1/4 cup parmesian-asiago salad dressing (I used Kraft Reduced Fat)
1 T butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 broccoli crown, chopped into pieces
1 tsp salt
1 tsp garlic powder
Parmesan Cheese

Boil water for tortellini and cook per package directions. Steam broccoli sprinkled with 1 tsp salt and 1 tsp garlic powder for about 5 minutes until tender. Add olive oild to a large skillet over medium high heat. Add minced garlic and cook for 1-2 minutes. Add chicken stock and dressing and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and add butter and stir to combine. Add pork and stir to combine. Add broccoli and tortellini and stir gently until well mixed. Remove from heat and sprinkle with parmesan cheese if desired.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails