Pin It button on image hover

Monday, November 9, 2009

Chipotle Citrus Swordfish Steaks

I had an almost empty bottle of chipotle citrus marinade in the fridge that I'm not sure why I kept, but I wanted to use on my swordfish steaks so I added my own blend to it to make enought marinade for 2 swordfish steaks (in reality, I probably could have marinated 4 steaks with this amount). I think this marinade would work really on chicken too.


Chipotle Citrus Swordfish Steaks
(Serves 2)

2 swordfish steaks
2 T canola oil
1 small can chipotles in adobo, chopped, sauce reserved
1 lime
1 T olive oil
1 T lemon pepper
2 cloves garlic, minced

(Note: I also added about 2 T of Kroger's Chipotle Citrus marinade to this but its unnecessary as the above ingredients pretty much recreate the marinade.)

Add chipotle peppers and sauce, lime juice, olive oil and garlic to a large ziploc bag. Add steaks and marinate for at least 30 minutes to about an hour. Heat a grill pan over high heat and add canola oil. Heat almost to smoke point. Sprinkle both sides of steaks with lemon pepper and add to pan. Cook for approximately 6 minutes per side. Resist the urge to move the fish too early. You need to give it time to develop good grill marks and cook so it wont stick to the pan. Turn the fish and cook through. If necessary to cook through, reduce heat and continue cooking until done.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails