Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, October 3, 2009

Red Velvet Cookies












Seriously, easiest cookies ever. Only 3 ingredients, you can make these in 2 minutes.

I needed a dessert for our tailgate last night and since I was going to cheer for Pittsburgh and my husband is a huge Louisville fan, I decided I wanted team cookies, normally that means I make sugar cookies and decorate them in school colors but that was more work than I had time for. Red and white cookies seemed like a great answer.

Red Velvet Cookies with Cream Cheese Frosting
Recipe from Pineapple Grass
Makes about 24 cookies

1 box red velvet cake mix (I used Duncan Hines which is approx an 18 oz box, if your cake mix is smaller, reduce oil slightly)
1/2 cup vegetable oil
2 eggs

Cream cheese frosting

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Grease a cookie sheet lightly. Mix cake mix, oil, and eggs together until well combined. Roll cookies into balls and place on cookie sheets, flattening slightly. Bake until tops start to crack, about 8 minutes. Cool on wire racks and frost when completely cool.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails