Pin It button on image hover

Friday, October 23, 2009

Apple Mustard Pork Chops

Such a good fall meal and quick and easy for a weeknight dinner. Todd said these were the best pork chops I've ever made! The mustard and apple flavors go together so well.
Apple Mustard Pork Chops
1 pound boneless pork chops
1 apple, diced (I used Granny Smith)
1 T butter
2 T brown sugar
1 T plus 1 tsp dijon mustard
1 egg
1/4 cup plus 1 T olive oil
1 T apple cider vinegar
1 T honey
1/4 all purpose flour
1 tsp garlic powder
salt and pepper

Cut pork chops to about 1/4 inch thick slices. Heat a large skillet over med-high heat with 1 T olive oil. Mix together egg and 1 tsp dijon mustard in a shallow bowl. Combine flour and garlic powder on a plate. Season both sides of pork chops with salt and pepper. Dip each cutlet into egg mixture and then into flour mixture and place in pan. Cook approx. 3 minutes on each side until browned. Meanwhile mix together remaining mustard, vinegar and honey and slowly whisk in olive oil to form a vinegrette. Pour over pork chops and reduce heat to low. Melt butter in a small skillet and add apples and brown sugar. Cook approx. 7-10 minutes until apples are softened and carmelized. Pour apples over pork chops and serve.

I added a side of baked sweet potatos with a little butter and brown sugar for a nice fall meal.

3 comments:

  1. I love the idea of your blog! I too am a newlywed (can I still call myself that if we've been married over a year?) and I've been experimenting in the kitchen as well. There have been some disasters, but it's been a lot of fun and I've learned a lot. This meal looks great by the way!I love apples cooked with meat. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks and good luck to you! And I figure I'm going to be a newlywed until the next major thing in my life happens :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made this tonight for my parents and it was wonderful!! Thanks so much for sharing!
    (Hopscotch.)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails