Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Cheesecake


As I walking through Target on Monday night, I came across a bag of Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Kisses. I've never had them, but have heard good things, so I bought a package. On the back of the package was a recipe for Pumpkin Spice Swirl Cheesecake Pie. I was planning on making a pumpkin cheesecake this week anyway, so I thought I would give the recipe a try. Although it was good, it didnt really satisfy my desire for a pumpkin cheesecake. So I'm still planning on making some real pumpkin cheesecake too. I wanted to make the cheesecake in my springform pan, I got a set as a wedding present and haven't tried them out yet, so instead of making this in a pie plate as the recipe suggests, I made it in an 8" springform pan which worked great. The recipe below contains my slight modifications.

Hershey's Pumpkin Spice Swirl Cheesecake

(Serves 8-10)

Crust
1 1/2 cups crushed graham crackers
4 T butter, melted
1/3 cup sugar

Filling
2 pkgs cream cheese
½ cup sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 eggs
1/2 tsp pumpkin pie spice
30 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses
1 tablespoon milk

Topping
1 cup heavy whipping cream
1-2 T sugar
Cinnamon
8-10 Pumpkin Spice Hershey Kisses

Heat oven to 350 degrees and butter pan. Mix crushed graham cracker crumbs and sugar and add melted butter until well mixed. Press into pan, using a smooth glass or measuring cup to press evenly into bottom and sides of pan. Bake crust in the oven for approx 10 minutes.


Mix softened cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla until creamy. Add each egg, beating well after each addition. Remove 1/4 cup of batter, and pour remaining filling into crust. Heat kisses in the microwave for approx 30 seconds. Stir and continue heating in 10 second intervals as needed. Mix in 1/4 cup batter and stir well. Drop spoonfuls of the candy mixture into the cream cheese filling. Swirl with a knife as desired. Bake for approx 30 minutes until center is almost set. Cool on wire rack until completely cool and then refrigerate. When you are ready to serve, pour heavy cream in a bowl and beat, slowly add sugar, and beat with whisk until light and fluffy. Top cheesecake with whip cream and garnish with remaining kisses as desired. Dust lightly with cinnamon.

2 comments:

  1. I love your site - everything looks delicious! I'm actually wondering what size tip you used for the frosting on the pumpkin cupcakes?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I believe those cupcakes were frosted using the Wilton 1M tip -- it's a large star tip.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails