Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, January 7, 2010

Orange Ginger Mahi-Mahi

As part of our healthy meal plans, I'm trying to incorporate more fish. I only started eating fish about 3-4 years ago and I really prefer lighter, white fish. We got quite a bit of snow today by Kentucky standards.


The dogs had a blast playing in the back yard but the roads were a mess. Since I don't have kids, you get to see a few pictures of my pups.



Ok back to the food... since it was snowy and cold here today and fish and citrus seemed like a nice, light summery meal. I had some oranges that needed to be used in the fridge so I decided to try that tonight. This turned out to be really good. The orange flavor wasn't overpowering but was definitely there. An orange juice reduction glaze would be good if you wanted to increase the orange flavor even more.

I served this with spiced oven-baked sweet potato fries. You can make your own, but Super Target sells a bag of frozen ones (its the only place I can find them around here but I'm sure plenty of other stores do too) that I just season with a mix of salt, chili powder, and garlic. When I make my own, they never crisp up as well, so for sweet potato fries, I like the frozen ones, maybe someday I'll figure out the trick to making my own.



Orange Ginger Mahi-Mahi

2 Mahi-Mahi fillets
1/4 cup orange juice
1 lemon
1 orange
1 tsp fresh grated ginger
2 T soy sauce
1 T olive oil (I used citrus infused oil but only because I had it on hand)
1 tsp citrus grill seasoning (I used Grillmates)

Marinate fish with orange juice, zest of lemon and orange, juice of lemon, grated ginger and soy sauce in a large food storage bag in the refrigerator for about 20 minutes.

Heat a skillet over medium-high heat and add olive oil. Season fish with grill seasoning on one side and place seasoned side down in pan. Season top side and cook about 5 minutes until golden brown crusted. Flip over and cook about 3-4 minutes more until cooked through. Top with orange slices and remove from heat.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails