Pin It button on image hover

Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Beef Noodles


A quick, simple meal when you want comfort food. My mom used to make this all the time when I was a kid and its one of my dad's favorite meals served with some warm garlic bread. You can make this with ground turkey or chicken as well.

Beef Noodles
(Serves 4)

1 pound ground beef (I used 93/7, but whatever you use just make sure to drain the grease off of it before adding the other ingredients)
2 cloves garlic, minced
1/2 pkg wide egg noodles (I used Healthy Harvest whole wheat)
1 can cream of mushroom soup (I used Cambell's Healthy Request)
4 oz Velveeta cheese (I used 2%)
1/2 cup milk (I used skim)
1/4 cup shredded cheddar cheese (my mom used to use 1 can of cheddar cheese soup in place of the velveeta, milk, and shredded cheese)
1 tsp onion powder
1/2 tsp paprika
1 tsp chives (I only had dried but fresh would be better)
1 tsp parsley (again only had dried)
1 tsp black pepper
1 tsp salt

Brown ground beef with garlic. Meanwhile heat water for egg noodles, salt the water and cook noodles approx 6 minutes until al dente. When beef is browned, turn heat to low and add cream of mushroom soup, velveeta, and milk. Add onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper and the drained egg noodles. Stir to combine. Add shredded cheese and stir until melted. Let it simmer a few minutes to thicken the sauce if necessary. Top with chives and parsley and serve.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails