Pin It button on image hover

Saturday, February 13, 2010

Cinnamon Roasted Almonds


You know that smell at the mall around Christmas time or in the concourse at a football game? The sweet, cinnamon smell of German Roasted Nuts... it is one of my favorite smells. Up until a couple of years ago I didn't eat nuts, didn't like them at all. Then I tried German Roasted Nuts at a football game. Then I read about some of the health benefits of nuts and started adding them into lots of things. Sure adding sugar to them negates some of the healthy stuff but as snacks go these are still a lot better for you than cookies or chips. And as a bonus your whole house will smell good when you make them.



Cinnamon Roasted Almonds
Recipe adapted from Melanie at The Sisters' Cafe

4 cups almonds
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg white
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
2 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp salt

Preheat oven to 250 degrees and cover a large baking sheet with parchment paper or a Silpat. Combine the sugars, cinnamon and salt in a small bowl and set aside. Add egg white to a large bowl or stand mixer and beat with whisk attachment. Add vanilla and continue beating until very frothy and thick. Don't let the egg white form peaks. Add in the almonds and toss until well coated. Add the sugar mixture, stirring to coat the almonds well. Spread almonds onto prepared baking sheet. Try to get them into a single layer. Bake approximately 1 hour, tossing every 20 minutes. Cool and serve or store in an airtight storage container.

4 comments:

  1. Oh my ! These look amazing...I can just SMELL them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look so good!! Do you have any idea how long they will keep if they are stored in an air tight container?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm making this right now - thanks for posting this recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been looking around for a recipe like this, and decided to go with this one...just because we have the same last name. haha. And I'm glad I did..they were delicious & I will be making them again! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails