Pin It button on image hover

Friday, August 21, 2009

Welcome

Let me introduce you... I'm a 27-year old newlywed working lots of hours and trying to make the most out of life. I love experimenting in the kitchen, decorating and remodeling our house, and gardening. I grew up in Iowa, went to school in Pittsburgh, then moved to Kentucky. I've been here for 5 years now. I met Todd when I started grad school at UofL. Todd was born and raised in Louisville and has been here ever since. My husband is also 27, working his way through the world of electrical distribution, loves to play golf, and watch any Louisville sporting event.


We have 2 crazy mutts - Coco and Cassius - who keep us entertained and vaccuuming. Coco (the black one) is a rottweiler/lab mix and is 5 years old. She was diagnosed with epilepsy last year but is doing well so far on her medication. Cassius (the brown one) is a boxer/husky mix. He has characteristics of both - jumping on everyone and using his front paws for everything like a boxer and digging massive amounts of holes in our backyard like a husky. Overall they are both good dogs though.


So far this summer has been a busy one for us. We got married on June 6th in Louisville and then honeymooned in the Dominican Republic in Punta Cana.

It was a great vacation and a beautiful island. We stayed at the Excellence Punta Cana.











After we got back we took a trip to Iowa for an open house with my family and friends who couldn't make it to the wedding.
The next weekend, was another wedding as one of our great friends got married and I was the matron of honor.
Then we had a couple weeks off to catch up and get the house back in order before heading to Pittsburgh for one of my college roomie's weddings. It was great getting to see the girls from school again. We always have so much fun together, I wish they lived closer.
Finally, we made it to August where life has slowed down a little bit and we've been able to relax and enjoy the rest of summer at a slower pace.


This blog is mostly a form of entertainment for me now that my wedding is over and I dont have anything to plan. I plan to share recipes, diy projects, and other happenings in our life so hopefully it will keep you entertained.

1 comment:

  1. I honeymooned at the same place! I recognize the table. We had a great time there.

    I like your blog :) (Nestie MrsLokiAngel)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails