Pin It button on image hover

Monday, August 24, 2009

Lunch

In an effort to lose the pounds that I have gained since the wedding and save a few bucks, I'm going to start bringing my lunch to work again. I was doing pretty well at this before the wedding but got really bored (and lazy too).

So Day 1... I made my standard spinach salad (recipe below), brought a Dannon Light n'Fit Yogurt and an apple. I'm also going back to drinking water all day long. I gave up Diet Coke about 5-6 months ago, a serious cut back since I had drank 2+ cans of soda every day since about freshman year of high school. I was getting headaches if I didnt have caffeine and figured it couldnt be healthy so I quit. I only cheated about 4 or 5 times in the 3 months before the wedding but like everything else diet related, that went out the window when we left for the honeymoon. I figured I was on vacation, so I could have Diet Coke if I wanted to. Although its still a "once in a while" kind of thing, I have definitely been drinking more and more of it lately and I dont think its doing me any favors. Even though it doesnt have any calories, it also doesn't have any nutritional value.

Strawberry Spinach Salad:
(Makes 1 serving)

2 cups of baby spinach
6-8 strawberries (hulled and quartered)
1 T. crumbled Feta cheese
1 T. chopped walnuts or slivered almonds
1 T. Craisins
1 T. fat-free poppyseed dressing

Mix together and add dressing just before eating. Adding grilled chicken to this makes it an excellent dinner salad.

I regularly rotate in other dressings including honey mustard vinagrette (I really like the Wishbone salad spritzer version) and Raspberry Vinagrette (Ken's Raspberry-Pomegranite Lite is good).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts with Thumbnails