Pin It button on image hover

Thursday, December 30, 2010

2010's Top 10

Happy New Year!  2010 was a pretty good year for me, although it sure went by quickly.  The year started and ended with lots of travelling, I think we went home to Iowa a half a dozen times this past year.  I also travelled to Texas a couple of times for my sister's wedding festivities, we went to St. Louis to celebrate our own 1st wedding anniversary, and spent a week at the beach in August with my college roommates.  We ended the year travelling for the holidays and a weekend in Chicago to celebrate my mom's birthday.  My husband started a new job this fall and I kept busy throughout the summer and fall with lots of baking jobs making hundreds of cupcakes and several birthday cakes.  

Of course the big news is that we found out we'll be having our first child in 2011, thank you all for sticking around even though it was tough to keep up with this blog when I could barely think about food for the few months.  These last few months have been busy with preparing the nursery, baby showers, and doctors appointments.  Now we're almost there and our daughter should be here mid-February! 

As we all recover from the sugar coma of the holidays, I'll be sharing some recipes from my baby shower, as well as some freezer meals as I try to stock up before the baby arrives.  For now though, I'll leave you with the most popular recipes from 2010.  Evidently the popularity of cupcakes isn't over yet!
























5 comments:

  1. Congratulations on your first baby. It is such a special time in your life. I've been following your blog and even have you on my blog roll. I love your photography and your recipes. I think I will make your Italian cake for my New Year's eve dessert but omitting the nuts, since my oldest baby, now 7 yrs old is allergic to peanuts and treenuts.. Happy New Year.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those chicken sandwiches are one of our favorites!

    Congrats on the coming bundle of joy!

    ReplyDelete
  3. @Galexi -- Thanks for following and including me on your blog roll... one of these days I need to get around to setting one of those up. Hope you like the Italian Cream Cake!

    @Kate - Glad you like the sandwiches and thank you!

    Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congratulations!!! On the new baby, hubby's new job, and ALL the adventures you have had in 2010! Best wishes and prayers to and for you and yours in 2011! Happy New Year!

    ReplyDelete
  5. @Linda - Thank you -- I wish you the best in 2011 as well!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts with Thumbnails